Are you an influential leader with a passion for communications and implementing recruitment attraction activity?
If you have experience of managing and implementing high profile communications and attraction strategies across a diverse customer base we would love to hear from you.
We are the Department for Transport Resourcing Group (DRG) and we are looking for a Senior Recruitment Attraction and Communications Manager to join our team based in Swansea. We are responsible for providing practical specialist advice and guidance to DfTâ€™s central department and its Executive Agencies on recruitment and selection activities. We support our hiring managers on their recruitment journey, from attraction, initial application and shortlisting through to interview, exercise design and full assessment centre design and delivery.
We will look for you to lead a small team and create a culture of innovation. Leading by example, you will manage and oversee the communications and recruitment attraction functions of DRG.
The position offers a real opportunity to make a powerful impact in our department, building capability, marketing our service to our customers and promoting our employer brand attracting diverse talent to our business. You will set direction for your team and provide your expert advice your colleagues, to our customers and stakeholders by exploring new opportunities to extend our reach to a diverse range of candidates, creating greater accessibility to our vacancies.
This role will involve some travelling and occasional overnight stays required to the Departments main sites (London, Southampton, Bristol and Nottingham).
Key Role Responsibilities
1. Lead and manage all internal and external communication for the DfT Resourcing Group
2. Own and deliver the DfT Recruitment Attraction Strategy
3. Lead on diversity and inclusion for attraction activities and strategies
4. Mentor and coach the team, recognising strengths and weaknesses, as well as building out performance improvement plans to build capability in attraction
5. Monitor and measure client satisfaction, responding with urgency to arising issues taking proactive steps to ensure high level of quality and productivity of service
6. Strong partnership and collaboration with the DRG Senior Management Team, external partners and customers
7. Must be able to report the metrics and analyse the data which you will need to communicate to a variety of audiences
8. Manage the delivery of creative content for engaging recruitment marketing campaigns
9. Lead and deliver designated ad-hoc projects
10. Create an inclusive and innovative working environment to engage and grow our people
11. Work with our Diversity and Inclusion teams, contributing to their strategy and creating solution to attract candidates from all of our communities across the UK
The essential skills we require are:
â€¢ Significant proven experience in the communications arena. Ability to communicate at all levels both in writing and verbally
â€¢ Significant experience of managing social media channels
â€¢ The ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines and lead others with you under such circumstances
â€¢ Experience of developing and nurturing innovation and creativity to achieve outcomes on a low or no cost basis
â€¢ Experience of implementing recruitment attraction strategies
â€¢ Experience of working designing and implementing employer brand strategies
â€¢ Experience of partnering, working collaboratively with colleagues and external providers
â€¢ Effective relationship management
If you have the experience and skills that match the role requirements outlined above, we would welcome an application from you.
We are part of the Department for Transport (DfT). DfT is a great place to work, and our â€˜one teamâ€™ approach really makes a difference. We value our staff and thatâ€™s why weâ€™re committed to nurturing an inclusive environment across the Department.
Youâ€™ll be part of an innovative organisation that invests in all our people, ensuring we have the diverse skills to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future.
DfT has been recognised for its leadership on workplace gender equality by being included in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2017.
DfTâ€™s inclusion is recognition of our commitment to make the Department a great place to work through our culture of equality and inclusivity and the great strides weâ€™ve made to raise the number of women in senior positions.