Principal Scheduler - Submarine Delivery Agency
Are you looking for a complex and challenging role working at a National Scale?
Do you want to be part of a diverse multi-disciplined team and play a key role in supporting the security of the UK?
If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our national security then we want to hear from you.
This role offers the opportunity to work within a diverse and multi-disciplined team within the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA). The SDA is responsible for the United Kingdom's submarine maintenance and build programme; a top priority of the UKâ€™s defence programme and one of the largest UK programmes in existence. Working with our key industrial partners, BAE Systems, Rolls-Royce and Babcock Marine, we are striving towards delivering submarine capability in a more cost efficient, effective and safe way.
Project Controls is a key function within SDA and plays a vital role in ensuring the success of projects by providing Estimating, Cost Control, Planning and Scheduling and Risk Management. What makes us unique is that we are involved in all phases of a project from the proposal through to completion, ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget.
Excellent opportunities have arisen for experienced Schedulers to join the SDA at their Headquarters in Bristol, Abbey Wood. You will work as a key member of the project team developing the forward plan to enable the successful delivery of some of the biggest projects in the UK today. This will involve working with colleagues across the project team and our industrial suppliers to define and agree how the project will be structured and delivered. Your output will form the schedule baseline, a key anchor against which you will manage subsequent project performance and any potential changes that occur on the delivery journey. Your work will require you to think ahead, as well as plan in detail, for the short term within the context of what needs to be delivered overall.
In this crucial role, your duties will include the following activities:
- Supervising and directing others to scope and create suitable project plans
- Providing comments and recommendations for planning and scheduling requirements relative to staffing and project control
- Planning, organising and supervising schedule resource loading and levelling and determine staffing levels in support of the project needs
- Developing bid evaluation and schedule criteria
- Reviewing supplier bids related to schedule and material control and developing supporting data for contract negotiations
- Monitoring and reporting critical-path and schedule performance of the total project
- Preparing and analysing comparisons of scope, time and cost data between projects
- Preparing and presenting planning and scheduling information to management
- Leading the development and review of schedule recovery plans including evaluation of additional resource/cost
- Working with project staff and contractors to plan and develop product and work breakdown structures and define logical sequences and durations for each order book activity
- Undertaking schedule risk analysis for each order book
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate extensive expertise of working in Scheduling including performing, monitoring and reviewing planning and scheduling functions to include control and analysis. You will be able to evidence a deep understanding of the concepts of Schedule Management and scoping and creating project plans. It's essential for you to be confident with different methods and techniques for task identification.
It would be highly advantageous if you had knowledge of Primavera P6, Enterprise Microsoft Project, EPM2010 and Earned Value Management (EVM).
Please note due to the nature of these roles this campaign is only open to SOLE UK NATIONALS.