Scheduler Practitioner- Submarine Delivery Agency
Are you looking for a complex and challenging role working at a National Scale?
Do you want to be part of a diverse multi-disciplined team and play a key role in supporting the security of the UK?
If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our national security then we want to hear from you.
This role offers the opportunity to work within a diverse and multi-disciplined team within the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA). The SDA is responsible for the United Kingdom's submarine maintenance and build programme; a top priority of the UKâ€™s defence programme and one of the largest UK programmes in existence. Working with our key industrial partners, BAE Systems, Rolls-Royce and Babcock Marine, we are striving towards delivering submarine capability in a more cost efficient, effective and safe way.
Project Controls is a key function within SDA and plays a vital role in ensuring the success of projects by providing Estimating, Cost Control, Planning and Scheduling and Risk Management. What makes us unique is that we are involved in all phases of a project from the proposal through to completion, ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget.
Excellent opportunities have arisen for Schedulers to join the SDA at their Headquarters in Bristol, Abbey Wood. You will work as a key member of the project team supporting in the development of the forward plan to enable the successful delivery of some of the biggest projects in the UK today. This will involve working with colleagues across the project team and our industrial suppliers to support in the planning of how the project will be structured and delivered. Your output will form the schedule baseline, a key anchor against which you will manage subsequent project performance and any potential changes that occur on the delivery journey. Your work will require you to think ahead, as well as plan in detail, for the short term within the context of what needs to be delivered overall.
Some of your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Scoping and creating suitable project plans capturing the key activates and deliverables necessary to complete the project
- Facilitating and maintaining the ongoing management of the project plan and create integrated plans
- Creating different schedules at different hierarchal levels by consolidating schedules and creating Integrated Master Schedules and identify and report the Critical Path
- Supporting the capture of baseline schedules and help to recalculate the remaining work
- Monitoring actual progress: once there is a baseline, ensure that any movement to this is subject to formal change control and reports progress
- Monitoring resource levels against achievement to advise on resource levelling and identify potential over or under estimating for work effort within the plan
- Attending management, project team and customer meetings as requested by the Project Manager to ensure that schedules are being maintained and updated as required
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate expertise of working in Scheduling, including an understanding of performing, monitoring and reviewing planning and scheduling functions to include control and analysis. Additionally, successful candidates should have proven knowledge of creating a suitable project plan to deliver the required outputs, as well as an understanding of the concepts of Schedule Management. You should also have knowledge of different methods and techniques for task identification. It is essential that you are able to confidently display experience in how to identify, categorise, describe, evaluate and prioritise tasks.
It would be highly advantageous if you had knowledge of Primavera P6, Enterprise Microsoft Project, EPM2010 and Earned Value Management (EVM).
Please note due to the nature of these roles this campaign is only open to SOLE UK NATIONALS.
Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.