Back to search results
Head of Acute Services
JOB POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Wed, 1st Aug
UK - 31883
Position: Head of Acute Services
Location: Flexible location anywhere in the UK with travel to Alfreton
Salary: Attractive plus excellentcompany benefits
Job Type: Permanent
We are offering one exceptional candidate the chance to be a Head of Acute Services in our Supply Chain Division based at our NHS Supply Chain site in Normanton West Yorkshire.
The NHS Supply Chain is a ground breaking deal for DHL. It involves the outsourcing of responsibility for the procurement of non - pharmaceutical products for supply in the NHS in England and Wales as well as a physical infrastructure which stores and delivers a large range of these products.
In this role you will provide leadership across NHS Supply Chain for the service evolution required to retain and grow sales and EBIT in the Acute sector environment.
You will lead specialist teams to deliver revenue and EBIT in the annual plan. Along with those responsibilities you will identify and develop new opportunities within the scope of the contract for sales value and volume growth including organic growth and additional product categories and innovative customer commercial packages.
Strategy & Development
- Develop Sector service strategy creates vision and plans which inform the corporate strategy programme.
- Build business cases for investment and change in line with strategy
- Ensure business ownership of sector strategy and the clear business ownership of ongoing programme.
- Based upon detailed understanding of the customers needs develop differentiated products/ services concept
- Build effective commercial models with compelling value propositions
- Engaging with and selling to customers prior to launch /handover
- Monitor whole sector Market competitor activities and markets and implements necessary counter measures or actions to protect revenue/margin or exploit growth opportunities.
- Create new profit streams.
- Through leadership of a specialist solutions team deliver sales growth and operational margin targets
- Leadership of dedicated Accelerate Theatre excellence team and programme.
- Drives through sales activities across UK within all non-capital markets to develop the existingnmarket share of £900m to £4bn
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert centre of customer understanding and liaison for other key business areas within the organisation such as procurement marketing IT and Supply Chain.
- Play an active part in the management of the Business ensuring that decisions are made with regard to their financial consequence and to sector strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships at a Senior level with a wide range of customers and internal Co-ordinate activity and projects across NHS SC functions to deliver strategy and operational plans
- Ensures Key Performance Indicators are being met for sales for sector
- Develop clear operational plans which support the delivery of business strategy
- Manage cost base within the agreed budgets
- Champions customer centricity across the organisation
- Provides strong leadership to teams who will be home based.
- Manage sales staff and their respective budgets
- Attracts high calibre people
- Develops teams and talent with diverse capabilities
- Accurately appraises the strengths and weaknesses of others
- Provides constructive feedback
- Develops successors and talent pool
- Coaching and mentoring of direct reports
What will you need as a successful Head of Acute Services?
- Proven sales and account management success
- Ability to shape direction and create a vision
- Ability to work across functions in a matrix method to gain support and buy in
- Ability to understand markets and determine real opportunity
- Track record of innovative development to deliver enhanced value
- Highly effective interpersonal skills able to build and sustain relationships with individuals in a wide range of business and complex organisational settings
- Good financial and commercial acumen with evidence of strong delivery of results Mature political player
- Believes in organisational values and is able to live these acting as a role model to others
- Demonstrates effective leadership and team mdevelopment building and management qualities
- Ability to influence and gain support at director level seek buy in and overcome barriers to change
- Solid understanding of the customer need and the ability to engage at a strategic level
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a senior customer or procurement focused senior national role where the end to end of a supply process is part the role. Preferably several years experience gained within a wholesaler / similar operating model or healthcare environment
If this sounds like a role for you please click the apply button
Here at DHL we are an equal opportunities employer: all together different all together successful.