Job Description: Production Supervisor
Job Type: PermanentThe Background
Our Client supplies to some of the UKs leading supermarkets and into the shopping trolleys of Britains consumers. And thats no mean feat. It means working closely and supportively with producers to collect grade and package the most fragile of food products. It means working in genuine collaboration with top retailers to identify and satisfy new and changing tastes. It means supplying first class products to some of the biggest names in food manufacturing.The Role
You will be responsible to promote best practice at all times within the organisation youll also assist the packaging manager on a daily basis other duties will include;
- Maintain all working procedures to satisfy current legislation approved codes of practice and Company requirements eg Site Procedures Employee Handbook Quality and Training Manuals
- To actively encourage and support the Engineers in the implementation of the Company?s Planned Preventative Maintenance Programme so as to prevent machine breakdowns and other inefficiencies and to maximise machine utilisation.
- To ensure the production room is audit ready at all times and that hygiene standards are maintained throughout the area of responsibility.
- To have meet all daily deadlines
- To assist the PC Manager in the recruitment and selection of staff as required.
- To ensure that each new staff member provides the necessary starting documentation and receives a health and safety and company induction.
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures are effected with the minimum delay with details of proceedings and outcomes being recorded.
To be successful in this role you will have ideally have the following:
- Youll have experience working within an FMCG Company or a food manufacturer.
- Ideally you will also hold a food Hygiene certificate
- To be able to work under pressure meet tight deadlines.
- Proven experience of managing a team